Background and Education
Jerono Phylis Rotich is a professor of Kinesiology and department chair of Kinesiology and Recreation Administration at North Carolina Central University in Durham, North Carolina, USA. She is CEO and Founder of WOYO (Women & Youth) Global Diversity Consulting and JVV Wellness and Safety LLC, CEO, and Founder of Kenya Students in Diaspora ( KESID) Foundation. She is the current President of the Kenya Scholars and Studies Association (KESSA). She serves on the Commission of Research & Publication of ICTSG established at the 2018 UNESCO Collective Consultation on TSG, National Executive Board member of Kenya Christian Fellowship and Board of Kenya Diaspora Alliance -USA, among many other organizations. She also served as a Commissioner on the Status of Women in Guilford County, NC, USA. Dr. Rotich is a Carnegie African Diaspora Fellow, and she serves on the editorial board of several professional journals that include; Quest, Kenya Studies Review, among others. She is a dedicated servant leader, educator, scholar, change agent, motivational speaker, women, youth, health, and peace champion who is committed to behavior modification, excellence, community engagement, and international collaboration
- PROFESSOR ROTICH
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Develops talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Cultivates innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Situational adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Balances stakeholders – Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Drives vision and purpose – Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said